We have updated our Covid-19 protocol's and are welcoming patients back in the hospital. Find out what you need to know before you visit us here.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO OUR CLIENT’S REGARDING THE MEASURES WE ARE TAKING THROUGHOUT THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC!
When booking an appointment for your pet, we will ask a few questions to determine if you might be a risk of spreading COVID-19 to our team members. This is for your safety and the safety of our team members, as they will be implementing the new “pet-transfer” protocol. Our team will give you explicit instructions on what will happen when you arrive at the hospital.
When bringing your pet to the hospital
Our “pet-transfer” protocol will help ensure the safety of clients and team members alike while helping to keep your pet as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
When preparing to arrive at the hospital with your pet:
- Call us first at 705-743-4936.
- Ensure cats and smaller animals are in a pet carrier, and that dogs are on a leash.
- Arrive early and call us from the parking lot at 705-743-4936.
- We will come out to your vehicle to personally bring in your pet carrier. For dogs, we will use our own leash. Do not remove your dog’s leash before we arrive.
- Please, remain in the parking lot during your pet’s visit, we will speak with you via phone as we would if you were in our exam room.
- Once the veterinarian has performed the exam, they will discuss the results of their assessment and treatment options. We can provide estimates verbally or via email and accept consent by phone or email.
- Once the appointment is complete, we will call you to let you know your pet is ready for pick-up.
- We will then safely return your pet to your vehicle in the parking lot.
- Payment can be provided by credit card or, preferably, eTransfer if possible.
Prescription refills, food and supplies
If you need prescription refills, food or supplies for your pet, please call us ahead of time at 705-743-4936 to place your order. We can bring your order to your vehicle and place it in your trunk, place it in the front vestibule or place it at our side door for pick up at the appropriate time. Payment can be provided by credit card or, preferably, eTransfer if possible.
Please note there is a significant delay in receiving orders from our warehouse at the current time, and early ordering is strongly recommended.
We are very grateful that our team continues to offer their usual excellent standard of care and service during this difficult time. As most of you already know, they are the best and we’re very lucky to have them. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to provide safe access to medical and nutritional care for your pet during this difficult time.
Thank you for your patience and understanding – and thank you for allowing us to care for your pet.
Good health to everyone, Otonabee Animal Hospital
Pet Care in Peterborough and the surrounding areas
Otonabee Animal Hospital is a multi-service clinic. We are available for house calls by appointment, Monday to Friday. Appointments in office are available Monday through Saturday, surgical procedures Monday through Friday. Our emergency services are provided by the Kawartha Veterinary Emergency clinic. http://www.kvec.ca/
Monday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
*Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
*Open the LAST Saturday of month 9 am – 12 pm (we are closed all other Saturdays until further notice)